Sunday, September 27, 2009

My really nice weekend

My forum posts -

Saturday
I had a nice ride - did the 34 instead of the 50 - when we got to the turn where one can do the 50 or 34 it was raining and I was already cold so I did the 34 - nice ride - nice group.

My GPS data is HERE

My pictures are HERE


Sunday
Had a great 42 mile ride - Happy Birthday Dave - Rain had just about stopped by 10 AM and most of the 42 group left at 10:30 AM - the roads were still very wet but still dried pretty quickly - the weather turned beautiful by about 11:30 AM - the trike has developed a tick in the front end by the crank - I want to find out what it is a get it out.

My GPS data is HERE

My pictures are HERE


I also did a 4 mile ride with my brother - he has recently expressed an interest in cycling. It was raining a little and we got wet but he really want to ride and I remember the desire to ride when one first gets interested so I was very willing to ride with him in spite of the rain. We went to the American Tobacco Trail the northern part which was paved. He seemed to enjoy the ride but still has to get accustom to riding before he can enjoy it completely and that just takes time in the saddle - I am sure with his generally better health and fitness that he will very shortly surpass my level but that is fine me I just hope he enjoys it as much as I do.

No comments: