Saturday, May 5, 2012

New River Half Marathon

Good race - well done event - the weather looked like it might be a problem - I was raining up until about 10 minute before the start and side the Full marathons stated 15 minute ahead of the half I assume they started in the rain - I do not know for sure - I was in my car listening to it rain think about not starting - i so did not want to run in the rain again but I put on my rain jacket and headed to the starting area - I made a last minute potty stop and when I came out it had almost stopped raining - by the beginning of mile two it had stopped so I took off my jacket and tied it around my waist - I had never run with this rain jacket before even though that is what I bought it for - I have no idea why I did not use it two weeks ago - I had it with me, dumb I guess - anyway running it it and having it tied around my waist both worked well and I think it will work well for me - parking for the event is in field right beside the start which is very nice especially this morning - This was a much hiller route than I expected and the hills really took their tole on me - I felt great and was running well - no problems like at the Flying Pirate - I was really running well but the hills just slowed me down something terrible a consume a lot of my energy - at 12.5 mile I was mostly spent - this race reminded me a lot of the Hatfield& McCoy and the Scream - we started at over 2800 feet and went to over 3200 feet _ wonder if that is enough to make it hard for someone who livers at about 150 above sea level - the event was well supported and nicely run - the medal is not a medal it is a woodal or at least that is what I call it it was made by a local artist and is pretty cool - hey it is still bling - I stayed at the Nations Inn - it was a very nice hotel and I would recommend it if you do this race - I would also recommend the race -

New River Half Marathon

No comments: