Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tir na nOg Club Run #52

Ok rough run - I had a number of problems with the left knee - the knee had not given me any touble on the run the Saturday before or on the Sunday run and I had had no pain for it during the day Monday - after I go to Tir na nOg it was fine - I put the support I have on it and when I sat down to tighten my shoe laces I got a bad pain in my knee which seemed to be cause by the support - I checked it to make sure it was on correctly and it seemed to be - I move the knee some and it was sore but OK I thought - during the run I had about a dozen instances when I got a bad enough pain in the knee to make me stop running - i have never had my knee do this before - I kept trying to run and was able to run for a while then the pain would hit again - I eventually ended up shorting the run and went straight back to my car - and went home with my knee pretty sore - it was still sore this morning so I called Jessica to see if she could see me - last Thursday after she worked on it it felt great - this week she said it was a lot more inflamed and I had stressed some of the muscles around it trying to accommodate it - she was able to reduce the pain a lot but this time she advised I not run or walk at all for several day and to ice it for 15 minutes every two hours - so that is what I will do - I need this to get better -

Tir na nOg Club Run #52

No comments: