Sunday, March 25, 2012

NC Half Marathon - Charlotte Motor Speedway

Good race and really different - the weather was sort of iffy but turned out to be pretty good - it was cooler than I thought it was going to be at the start then it tried to rain on us a couple time between mile 3 and 4 - most of the day it was very cloudy then the sun came out for me at about 10.5 miles but even as it warmed up a bit the humidity dropped and it was not so bad.  The route was defiantly different - I do not think I have ever run so many loops and two out and backs in such a small area - it was fun and challenging and with almost 2000 feet of elevation gain I am less surprised that I time was not better - I was really hopping to PR today but did not know how much climbing we were going to do - I had no problem and ran well - I ran 30 - 30 the whole race except for the first mile and a quarter - I was supposed to run the the shoe race but I forgot and just ran the first mile plus -  this was a well done and well supported race and defiantly different - I am not a racing fan but this place is very impressive - the me del is very cool also -

NC Half Marathon - Charlotte Motor Speedway

No comments: