Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tobacco Road Half Marathon

Good run - well done event - the weather was OK but not great - it was not hot but very very humid - it was different the road stayed wet during the whole run - the race was more difficult than I expected - I was hoping to PR but came in 10 minutes too long - I am always surprised at how much climbing there is when running the on the Tobacco Trail - I had a good run and really enjoyed my run - there were lots of Galloway runners running and at the Galloway water table - it was real cool - there were also some folks from Tir na nOg also neat to see them - I was also really great to be there to watch Eric complete his 100th marathon.
On less happy note I saw a running near me stop and place his had on his chest while expressing pain - it thought he had a leg cramp but heard runner behind me yelling for a medic because a runner was down - I saw the medic race back to the down runner behind me - I have no idea if it was the runner I saw but I think it was and it was disturbing - I really hope he was OK


Tobacco Road Half Marathon

No comments: