Sunday, October 4, 2009

Team CBC Greenway Ride



From my forum post -

I had a really nice ride - there were 3 places on this route where I had to get off the trike - once to lift it over some rocks blocking the entrance - thanks Tim - the second was some stairs that everyone had to carry their bikes down - the third was a board walk that was very narrow and the 90 degrees left hand turn that was just too sharp for the trike to make - also there was a hill that I never saw but was advised would be impossible for me to carry my trike up like the bicyclist had to do - Bob showed me a way to ride around it - Thanks Bob - there were about 12 of us on the ride

My GPS data is HERE

My pictures are HERE

I have found out where the ticking sound from the front of the trike was coming from - it is the bottom bracket - it is apparently loose - I can tighten the bolt but if I tighten it a lot the bottom bracket get stiff - I can feel some resistance when I turn the cranks - when it is lose enough to make loud ticking sounds I can feel movement when I pull on the cranks with my hand - as I tighten it I can get it to a point where I can feel no movement and there is no ticking when I ride at least for a while but the ticking starts again after a while - I am not sure how to get it tight enough but not too tight.

My weight was 350.8 pounds this morning.

No comments: