Saturday, August 6, 2011

Galloway Run #14 - 2011

Good run and I personal new long run record - OMG did it rain - I think the only thing I have ever done where I was more wet was when I was SCUBA diving - six of us gathered at 4:15 AM and we headed out to the trail - we were less than half a mile in and the sky opened - it was raining when we started but it really started to come done - it was raining so hard I was not taking pictures, so hard we could hardly see the train with out headlamps, so hard we could not heard our Gym Bosses - we ran out one mile turned around and headed back - we pick up about three more runner and headed out again - we had to walk the last quarter of a miles it was raining so hard we were having trouble seeing the trail - we picked up some more runners and decided to run under the parking garage - this was a lot dryer but it got old quickly - the Forerunner 310xt did a pretty good gob plotting my route in spite of being under the parking garage - at this time Ron started the official run and suggested we might want to continue to run under the garage due to the lighting - there was lighting and it was impressive but it was a long way away however we did do several more laps around the garage until the rain let up again and we hit the green-way again - we made it to the water stop at two miles and turned around and the rain had already come back - We went back to the mall to get water and back to the green-way and headed the other way - when we got to the underpass at Glenwood it was completely flooded as we suspected so we ran around back to the mall and then back out to the green-way again and headed the way we had run the first several time - this was a real mile stone for me 3 miles farther than I had ever run before and I am tired and sore afterward but I did well and I am not destroyed - we had a nice gathering after the run and I did a little shopping also - no pain no problems - blood pressure 169/84 52 sugar 94 weight up a bit - I really want to thank my Galloway running friends they really helped me do this long run -

Time: 04:57:14
Distance: 18.47 mi
Elevation Gain: 617 ft
Calories: 4,090 C
Avg Temperature: 83.4 °F

Weight
281.0 lbs
Body Fat
27.1 %
Body Water
49.7 %
Bone Mass
9.9 lbs
Muscle Mass
194.9 lbs
Physique Rating
3
Visceral Fat
16
Metabolic Age
51 years
Daily Caloric Intake
5,005 C

Galloway Run #14 - 2011

My pictures are HERE

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

Congratulations on your milestone, Ashby! Impressive! Hope your recovery goes well this week.