Thursday, July 1, 2010

Before Breakfast Walk

Wow busy week last week. Had my sister, Jane, in town to visit then Tim my nieces' husband who I had not yet met came to town then my best friend David from Louisiana arrived here to visit and then Bert, Jane's husband and Dawn, my niece all here to visit. So it was pretty busy. I did get up Saturday leaving David to sleeping in he had arrived late the night before. So I could do the Galloway run - 8 miles. My Forerunner stopped working at 3.8 miles but I did finish the full 8.75 miles. I did pretty well for the first 8 or so miles but really suffered the last .75 miles. I had really hoped to do better than I did but I did finish. I came it dead last again and when I did finish everything and almost everyone was gone - no water or food at the end of the race - this really brothered me - I was expecting to be able to drink and eat a little something after the run. I do not feel Raleigh Galloway is treating the slower runners as it does the rest even through they say we are suppose to run with in our limits. I really feel we deserve the same treatment as faster runners in the program if anything we need more support.
Saturday evening David and I and the rest of the family who were here went to Jim home for a cook out and dinner - it was very nice.
Sunday David and I meet my Team CBC riding group to do a Green-way ride that CBC was doing. It got a little hot and David and I cut the ride short and when home to the nice cool lunch and rest. It was a nice ride. We did have dinner with the rest of my family again.
Monday David and I rode the ATT from the southern end of the northern part of the trail. It was cooler Monday and the ATT is mostly shady. We both rest after lunch at Quiznos then David started for home. I really enjoyed his visit and will miss his company. I got to thinking I should visit him this Fall - it would be nice to go back to that part of the world do a little riding and running and maybe see some folks I left down there. Would also like to get to know Reta, hope I spelled her name correctly. Will just have to see how the money is this Fall.
I did do the Tri Ra nOg 3 mile run Monday evening - was a pretty good run but I am still very slow and it really takes a lot out of me. After the run which included to new folks to out group Mary from Galloway and Peggy my cycling friend. After I showered I when to see Jane, Bert and Dawn - they were departing Tuesday morning. I was tired and got to bed too late but it was my last chance to see them for a while and I enjoyed see them.

Time: 01:15:45
Distance: 3.80 mi (Forerunner stopped at 3.8 miles - I did 8.75 miles)
Elevation Gain: 124 ft
Calories: 922 C
Avg Temperature: 88.0 °F
Galloway Run 8 miles at Garmin Connect - Details

Time: 01:59:21
Distance: 17.89 mi
Elevation Gain: 650 ft
Calories: 692 C
Avg Temperature: 87.4 °F
Riding with David at Garmin Connect - Details

Time: 01:46:05
Distance: 15.64 mi
Elevation Gain: 367 ft
Calories: 552 C
Avg Temperature: 89.1 °F
Riding the ATT with David at Garmin Connect - Details

Time: 00:58:11
Distance: 2.88 mi
Elevation Gain: 116 ft
Calories: 853 C
Avg Temperature: 94.0 °F
Tri Ra nOg run at Garmin Connect - Details

Time: 00:25:41
Distance: 1.12 mi
Elevation Gain: 48 ft
Calories: 174 C
Avg Temperature: 74.0 °
Before Breakfast Walk at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: