Saturday, December 18, 2010

Charleston Half Marathon Training Run

A real good run - I did suffer a good bit in the last mile but I still had a good run and it was great to run with Birt again - we met at North Cray Park at 8AM - besides Birt there was Jon and Emily and of course Meri - there are few things a great as getting together with one friends to run or just hang - the weather was cold and gloomy but not real bad for this late in the fall - it is colder than usually for this time of the year but I and getting use to it - amazing what one can get use to - running with Birt is really great I would have likely cut the run short if he had not been there - he did not do that much but just be there and it helps - I had almost no pain and no problems - the only pain I had was just a little at the attachment point for the Peroneus but nothing down the leg and this was great also this only happen occasionally and also only for a short period during the middle of the run so this is a big improvement - it seems like my heals on the bottoms of my feet may be going to be sore again - not sure what is causing this - Birt looked at me run a couple of times and said it looked like I was mid-foot striking and I feel like I am - I am trying to lengthen my stride to the read so that may be causing me to hit the heal a bit harder when I come down on it after the mid-foot landing - today was a good bit slower than I would have liked for it to have been but this was a pretty hilly run - my weight was 306.4 this morning blood sugar was 85 and I slept 7 hours last night -

Time: 03:07:27
Distance: 10.02 mi
Elevation Gain: 929 ft
Calories: 1,654 C
Avg Temperature: 36.3 °F

Charleston Half Marathon Training Run

No comments: