Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Morning Run

Real good run this morning - Really cold run this morning - I know it is nothing compared to what some of you run in but I live it the South technically and since I have gotten fitter, lose weight and so forth I have a lot more trouble with getting cold - I believe this it not unusually that part of being fit is the ability to get rid of body heat better - if this is true I am fitter - except for being cold during the first half of the run it was a good run - no pain or problems - I was really good after the 10 miles on Saturday for the first time but I was stiff on Sunday with my feet just a little sore but it was still so much better than before so maybe I am starting to get there - I went to the Galloway end of season party last night and it was real nice - of course I would not eat anything they were serving so I paid $20 for a glass of diet coke but I still enjoyed the event - I almost forgot to go and therefore arrived at 6:30PM which was not a problem since I was not eating anyway - I found a seat with Jon and Emily which was very nice - they encouraged us to wear out medals - I must admit I really did not understand the medals when I started running but I do now - there are very few things as adults where we get any sort of award for finishing anything and it does feel good to get them and through them remember the event where you got them - I was proud to have several medals to where and felt for those who did not in sptie of making the same or even great effort this year - I also enjoyed the appaulse I got when I got my Fist Half Marathon certificate and my Half Marathon PR certificate - Galloway or this Galloway group at least has been good for me - I like running, I still cannot explain that and if I had started with out the Galloway group I would likely still be running and I believe I would continue running without out this group if I had to I have really enjoyed the people I have met because of my involvement - I have signed up for the Charleston Half Marathon this coming January 15th also I am doing the Tobacco Road Half Marathon March 16th and I am really thinking about doing the Myrtle Beach Half February 18th - I think I am in trouble here - LOL

Time: 00:18:07
Distance: 1.07 mi
Elevation Gain: 45 ft
Calories: 200 C
Avg Temperature: 26.3 °F

Monday Morning Run

No comments: