Saturday, January 1, 2011

Charleston Half Marathon training long run

Good run but a little hard - I did not feel bad it was just difficult - this may be the hilliest route I do - none of them are real steep but I am almost always either going up or down - running is mostly in ones mind - my body was very able to run and to do this run but I had to talk myself into doing it then once out there when just the tiniest little bit of drizzle came down I start thinking about cutting it short but I did not - I did get drizzled on several times but it was nothing - I started out in a tech shirt, shorts and a sweatshirt - I had the sweatshirt off in ten minutes and dropped it at the house when I went by - it was not hot but I still sweated and was glad I had my towel - I was not trying to push the pace I never do on long runs and yes eight miles is still along run to me - I still ran a pretty good pace - I was tired at the end but not spent and could have run more - my feet are real sore now but that is normal for anything over 6 to 7 miles - no pain no problems - I really did want to have a run in with the date 1-1-11 - now I have to make sure I run on 1-11-11, 11-1-11 and 11-11-11 just for fun - I talked to my doctor about being off insulin - he said my blood sugar number were OK but he still wants he to do a fasting test and is going to do a full workup on me - I asked him to do a vitamin D test - he said he would but did not think I would have a problem with the amount of time I spend outside - he was pleased about my weight lose and surprised when I told him I had run two half marathons - my weight this morning was 307.0 even though I am not sure about my scale this is likely close so it will be my starting weight for 2011 - my blood sugar was 116 and I slept 7 hours - Happy New Years

Time: 02:25:46
Distance: 8.06 mi
Elevation Gain: 366 ft
Calories: 1,519 C
Avg Temperature: 59.9 °F

Charleston Half Marathon training long run

No comments: