Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Morning Run - Taper 12 of 20 days

OK - well I just not sure what to do - I seem to be getting slower and slower even for me - I am running comfortable no pain no problems - just cannot seem to do the pace I have been doing for some time now - I am having trouble believing that tapering is a good idea - I am still going to do it but I am just not sure it is helping me - I ran 13.1 miles three weeks ago after a regular week of training and got my best time ever and I felt great - today I can not even get out of my own way - I will bow to the experience of my friends but I am troubled with how things are going and it is having a real effect on how I feel about even being able to do the half - weight was 318 pounds this morning - blood sugar was 105 this morning - beyond all this I did enjoy running this morning and am happy I can run - it was very muggy but not too hot - if this happens every time I have to taper I may quit doing races not running but just not do races because I like the running but I do miss not being able to do my regular runs - maybe I am just crazy -

Time: 00:20:32
Distance: 1.09 mi
Elevation Gain: 36 ft
Calories: 184 C
Avg Temperature: 72.2 °F

Thursday Morning Run - Taper 12 of 20 days

No comments: