Saturday, August 28, 2010

Galloway Training Run 14 - 8.32 miles

OK first long run in two weeks well sort of long 8 miles - first longish run since starting to use KT tape - my heel felt better - it hurts some now but was not bad on the run - no stabbing ice pick pain - both feet have some bottom on the foot soreness but again not as bad as I have had before - I will likely only run 8 mines again next week - I believe I should be able to get to a point where I can run without this sort of pain - I bought 6 more pair of the Omega tek socks from Omega sports - I really like this store - I also bought three tek shirts - all white - a Nike, Brooks and Adais - I would have gotten some shorts in the had any but they did not - In general I had a good run but I did not fuel properly - I bonked at about mile 5 and had to slow down while my body caught back up - I ate all my Sports Beans and used almost a whole Gu flask but the stuff work and in about 10 minutes I was good and running normally - my Gym Boss died - not sure what happen but I missed it - I just sort of free lanced it and ran as long as I felt it and walked when I needed to - after I post this I am going to do what I will call active recovery which means that if my body wants to I am going to take a nap

Time: 02:38:13
Distance: 8.32 mi
Elevation Gain: 466 ft
Calories: 1,445 C
Avg Temperature: 77.8 °F

Galloway Training Run 14 - 8.32 miles by ashby3 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: