Monday, September 6, 2010

The Clydesdale Turtle runs a 10K


Yes I am the Clydesdale Turtle - LOL - big and slow but at least we are moving - well any way I had a good run and for me it was a first - my first 10K run alone non stop and self supported - while not a big deal for my running friends it was a challenge for me and I did well - it was nice and cool this morning not getting warm until the last miles and a half and about 85% of it was shaded - next time I think I will run it the other way I think it would be better that way but was a nice run and I liked running form my home it is just so easy - feet are sore but that is not unusual - Achilles is hurting a little but really is not too bad - I am not doing everything I can to be able to run Tir na nOg this evening - I had a few other little pains but nothing bad and all faded and I have read that little pains that may come up like this is not unusual and as long as they fade it is not a problem but if one gets a sharp pain then that is something to be concerned about - I hope this is true because I get little dull pains and the have all faded - I removed the KT Tape yesterday before I showered after the ride because I wanted to reapply new tape before the run this morning - I am getting better at applying it and am real happy with this application - I have found that is it peal up for any reason if I apply alcohol to the area of the tape and then hold it against my skin it reactivates the adhesive and it will stick again - this is nice - foot pod did not work today so no Cadence today.
You know I will always be big but I am still working on not being fat in spite of the fact that I am currently not making any progress - so I will always be big so I am and will always be a Clydesdale and I am proud of it Clydesdale horses are noble massive power beasts - what not to like - also I am slow there for a Turtle - I do everything slow so it is no surprise that I walk and run slow - I am not saying I would not like to be faster and I am sure I will develop some increased speed and I improve and lose more weight but I will never be fast - I am not built like a deer I am built like a Clydesdale - now Clydesdale do have one thing to their advantage at what ever speed we can develop we can continue to run that speed for a long long time - once I can get my hooves, I mean feet tough enough to take the distance I will work on improving my speed
OK now it is time for some active recovery - LOL

Time: 01:54:15
Distance: 6.20 mi
Elevation Gain: 190 ft
Calories: 1,148 C
Avg Temperature: 68.2 °F

The Clydesdale Turtle runs a 10K

No comments: